1 - Terms and Conditions of Membership
1.1 – Cancellation of membership
You can request a refund of the Annual Membership Fee or Friends of BATS Fee within 14 days of the date you made payment. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. We will refund the price paid in full less any transaction costs for payment made by credit card.
You must use membership refund form to request the refund of your Annual Membership Fee or Friends of BATS Fee. Refunds will be paid into your nominated bank account.
1.2 – Card transaction fees
A transaction fee will be added to payments by debit or credit card. This is a fixed fee of £0.20 plus 2.4% of the total value (1.4% to ‘Stripe’, the payment supplier and 1.0% to ‘Sentry’, the member paywall system). When a refund of a payment is made, the transaction fee taken by Stripe (fixed fee and 1.4% of the total value) will be refunded. The 1.0% charge levied by Sentry will not be refunded.
1.3 – Member account creation and management
A different process applies for the creation of the BATS account, depending on whether you pay by debit/credit card or by bank transfer.
- New members – when paying by debit/credit card, you can instantly create your BATS account to enable you to login to the members area on the website. If you pay by bank transfer, once we have received your payment, you will receive an email with your account login details.
- Existing members – when paying by debit/credit card and you already have a BATS account, enter your existing username, but choose a new password. If you pay by bank transfer, once we have received your payment, we will re-activate your account.
- What information BATS collects about you when you visit this website.
- How BATS uses your personal information.
- When, if ever, BATS shares your personal information with other third parties.
- Other terms and conditions.
2.1 - What information does BATS collect from visitors?
BATS collects the following kinds of information from visitors to this website:
- Enquiries and queries - through visitors completing our enquiry forms.
- Audience feedback - through visitors providing feedback about productions that they have seen which, with permission, we may feature on our website and in other marketing materials.
- Mailing list - contact information is only retained if a visitor has ‘opted-in’ to our mailing list to receive information from BATS about future shows by email.
- Membership list – contact information is only retained on the membership database if a visitor decides to become a member of the Society.
- Site usage information - using analytics to track visitor behaviour on this website.
2.2 - The Data Protection Act
BATS usually performs at The Haymarket or Anvil. These venues are managed by Anvil Arts, who are responsible for managing ticket bookings on behalf of BATS and the collation of associated personal data. Anvil Arts holds and processes this information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Where BATS manages ticket bookings for a production, personal data is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
2.3 - How BATS uses your information
Where BATS collects your personal contact information, it is for the sole purpose of keeping you informed about our productions and related events, e.g. fundraising events that may be of interest to you.
With the exception of Anvil Arts, BATS will never pass your details on to other organisations or other third parties for other commercial purposes. We may contact you from time-to-time to notify you about other amateur productions in the local area that may be of interest to you. However, you can ‘opt-out’ of receiving these when you join our mailing list. You can also update the information we hold about you and mailing preferences at any time, by contacting us via our general enquiry form.
2.4 - Website availability
Whilst BATS endeavours to ensure that the website is available 24 hours a day, it will be not liable if for any reason the website is unavailable for any time period. Access to the BATS website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in a number of circumstances including, but not limited to, system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of BATS. The design and specifications of the website may be altered at any time.
2.5 - Copyright
The content of the website's screens, pages, information and other material are owned exclusively by BATS or used under licence from third party copyright owners.
The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all materials on the website, including but not limited to photographs and graphical images, the design and layout of the Website is owned by BATS. Use of the Website does not give you any propriety rights in such materials. Reproduction, of part or all of the content, in any form is prohibited unless specific consent is obtained from BATS.
2.6 - Third Party Websites
Where the BATS website contains links to other parties’ websites, BATS does not endorse or approve the content or opinions of any third party site, nor will it have any liability in connection with them.
Date of last revision: 28 March 2017